TradeShark Diary, 30th May 2020

Just a quick post to catch up and also to let you know I’m still alive.

Friday was spent trading a little football. I had a look at some of the tennis but I was lacking in motivation. I had started recording a few videos where I was commenting other people’s videos. They were binned when the results wasn’t worth posting. Then I found one from the Betfair Trading Community that worked out OK. You can see that video in the blog post before this one.


When that was recorded I took the dogs out. We went down to the dog field and as no one else was there we stayed for a couple of hours. The dogs tired themselves out and we had a nap under a tree. Perfect way to relax.

Sue worked on Saturday so I had the house to myself. It started with the usual 2 hours of housework. I sat in the garden for about 30 minutes and then spent another half hour weeding but it felt too hot to be comfortable so I went inside. A little later I started to feel sick. I try to avoid getting dehydrated as the headache I get seems to take forever to get rid of.

By the early evening I felt pretty rough. I had some shopping to do before I picked Sue up at 7:30 and I wasn’t sure I’d be able to get it done. I tried to make myself sick but couldn’t manage it but once I was in the car I started to feel a little more human. After the shopping I got Sue from the hospital and I was started to feel bad again. Sue said I should go to bed. It was around 9 pm. I don’t usually go to bed when I’m ill. I prefer to carry on as normal but a few minutes later I gave in. I slept for about 10 hours and feel better this morning (Sunday). It was probably something I ate.

Stay safe.

Tennis Trading Course

2 thoughts on “TradeShark Diary, 30th May 2020”

  1. blank

    Sorry you have not been well. Just an important point you raised – dehydration.
    During that hot part of summer last year I became dehydrated without realizing it. As you get older you do not feel thirsty when common sense says you should. As a result I suddenly felt unwell, so much so I was sick and took to my bed. I felt a lot better in the morning, but something I could not put a finger on seemed wrong. At times my speech was unclear but with effort I could overcome it.
    At that time I was self employed as a professional speaker and it became very hard to give my talks. Three months later I went to the doctor who made an immediate appointment for me to see a stroke specialist. Yes I had suffered a minor stroke brought on by the dehydration. I am no longer a public speaker, but now always have a glass of water to hand.

    1. blank

      Sorry to hear that Vic. Also good advice. I always make sure I drink plenty and my wife reminds me on the odd occasion when I forget.

Comments are closed.

We are using cookies on this site

Please click "Accept" if you accept our tracking cookies. You can also decline the tracking, so you can continue to visit our website without any data being sent to third party services.